This Is My Near No-makeup Makeup Look!

Hi guys, 

Welcome to the month of April. Well, I'm aware I should have said this in my previous post (that is if I haven't already said it) as that is the first post for the month of April, but it makes no difference at all. 

Today's LOTD is about smokey glittery eye and nude lips. I call it my Near No-makeup Look because the entire look looks like I had my eyes done but forgot to apply lip color. Yes, it's that nude. 


Of course, I used other products in achieving this look but the 3 key ones I used are:

1. LB Eye Paint in Bright Night 
2. Zaron Lipstick Pencil in Mist and;
3. Nivea Aftershave Balm for Sensitive Skin. 

1. The LB Eye Paint in Bright Night is a very black matte eyeshadow with gold glitters in it. You can pack on the color for the outburst of the glitter or blend it in and all the glitters fall off. So it's a no commitment kind of black eyeshadow. So, if you're scared of glitters but want black this is still the shadow for you. 
I used it all over my eyelids after my eyeshadow primer. 
For a more intense application, I dampened my brush by swiping it on a wet wipe. I then used the damp brush to apply the eyeshadow: Super black! 


2. Zaron Lipstick Pen in Mist. 



This is my favorite nude lipstick currently. It has worn a special place in my heart and has taken over the position of Milani Lipstick in Nude Creme and Zaron Moisturizing Lipstick in Tanna. 
It's a brown lip color with soft pink undertone. So soft, it matches the innermost pink part of my lower lip. You can't even tell I'm wearing anything. 






3. And the favorite part of the product I used is the Nivea Men After Shave Balm Sensitive I used as a face primer. If you check online, you will see there lot of good reviews about this product. I bought the product for myself to find out if the product lives up to expectation for me.

To start with, it is lightweight and soothing. And I liked the feel on my skin. It does not feel like your regular primer; and if you use a lot it begins to feel sticky and it may take a lot longer to dry out. I have used it for over a week now and it has not broken me out so this one is a keeper.
Here's my final look...



I highlighted and contoured my face. I rarely ever contour my nose. I always look weird with it. So I skipped that.


Lips so nude it looks like i forgot to apply lipstick


After 5 hours this is how I looked! I made sure not to dab or blot the oils at any time in between.
Verdict: In my own opinion, the Nivea After shave balm did very well. 
Please this is NOT an oil-control product. 
I did not even buy it for that purpose. I bought it for sole use as a foundation primer.



After 5 hours!
Oils still came through but my foundation stayed put the entire day. I love the overall result.

So, if you're up for a smokey-eye and nude lips be sure to give the Zaron Lipstick Pen a try. I'm not entirely sure how it will appear on dark or very dark skin but if you line your lips with a cocoa-toned lip pencil, it will definitely turn out well.

Till next post which will be soon,

Have a lovely weekend.

Ifeoma.



Comments

Popular Posts